Each year, Dr. David Kavesteen of Heart and Health PLLC in Babylon, NY offers a summer internship for pre-health students at his Cardiology Practice. As interns, students have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience as medical assistants or they can learn about the management/business side of running a medical practice as an office assistant.
Typically, student interns are: Pre-Medical, Pre-PA, Pre-Nursing, or any other Pre-Health related field. Previous medical assisting experience, though helpful, is not required. However, students should have some academic background in science, medicine or health-care and have an intent to pursue a career in the medical/health care field. At successful completion of internship, a letter of recommendation will be awarded. Each internship runs for 3-months during spring, summer, winter and fall sessions. An interview is required to intern at Heart and Health Medical!
Interns will gain experience with:
- Taking Blood Pressure
- Stress Tests
- PFT (Pulmonary Function Test)
- PVR (Pulse Volume Recording)
- Metabolism Tests
- INR Testing
- Recording Medical Histories
- Proper Patient Interaction and Evaluation
- IMS Computer Document System
- Assisting/Shadowing Physician and Physician Assistant
- Community Awareness and Volunteer Oppotunities
- Marketing and Advertising (Office Assistant Interns)
Applications are now being accepted. Please check the “Apply” link for more details.
If you would like to learn more about Heart and Health PLLC practice and Dr. Kavesteen, visit HeartandHealth.com